Especially in summer T-shirts have high season. But they are also attractive in every other season. T-shirts are equally valuable and popular for children, adolescents or adults. Make your own t-shirt. It is also good as a gift idea. Read the tips on how to design a shirt with instructions for different techniques and some tricks.
How to design your T-shirts with different techniques
Material, cut, color and size are the first features your T-shirt brings. These aspects are also decisive for the further course of action:
- Is this a kids T-shirt or is an adult going to wear this?
- Maybe you want to bring some fresh wind into your own wardrobe?
- Or you are looking for an individual gift that you want to design yourself?
- Also, the fact whether it is a new, a white or colored, maybe even a worn T-shirt, will influence your decision for pattern and design technique.
These techniques are suitable for T-shirts:
- Napkin technique on t-shirts
- Embroidery pattern ironed and then painted
- Name printed on t-shirt, ironed and drawn with a pen
- Pattern painted with silk screen stencils
- Paint picture and writing with your own stencils on the t-shirt
- Embellishments with applications
- Shapes with the pearl pen
- Design patterns for T-shirt with a program and then print or print
7 Important Notes for Painting, Printing and Napkin Technique
First of all, I'll give you a few tricks that should be followed for success:
- Wash the t-shirt once before starting work.
- Always rinse without fabric softener.
- Iron the T-shirt smoothly.
- When painting or printing, always put a foil, cardboard or board in the interior of the T-shirt before starting work.
- Fix the colors from the left by ironing.
- Always wash T-shirts from the left.
- Maximum temperature when washing is 40 degrees Celsius.
This is how the techniques for designing your T-shirts work
Before you start working, you have chosen a particular technique.
Napkin technique on t-shirts
Little known, but very individual, you can use this technique for one-off pieces, children's T-shirts, or seasonal and lover T-shirts. Also a beautiful bouquet of roses by birthday t-shirt is possible.
How to do it:
- Follow the same procedure as with the normal napkin technique and remove the top layer of the selected napkin or a printed Tempo handkerchief.
- Tip: If necessary, cut out your desired motif beforehand.
- Then, with a special adhesive suitable for textiles, mark the place where the motif gets its place.
- Put on the motif, smooth with glue from the middle to the edge, and you're done!
- Allow the T-shirt to dry for 24 hours before ironing it from the left or place a cloth between the motif and the iron. Baking paper goes too.
Tip: With a hair dryer, the drying process can be accelerated.
Other variant: Place motif on a glass, coat, let dry, iron on
Adhesive: textile transfer medium, transparent, 250ml
Picture credits: sementsova321 / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our article. Click on the asterisks shown below (5 stars = very good):