If you have to formulate a cancellation, it is important to convey that the invitee, such as your boss, reluctant to stay away from the event. We have a few tips for you on how your rejection leaves a good impression.
Cancellation: Fast and suitable
- Send a cancellation not at the last moment, but as quickly as possible.
- Choose a medium that complies with the invitation: You can not cancel an official invitation letter with an e-mail. Choose a reply card or write a letter.
- Also: give the reason for the cancellation. Best true – and if that is not possible, at least very credible.
Wording tips for a cancellation
- Thank you for the invitation:
"I am very honored that you chose me as a keynote speaker for …"
- Appreciate the occasion:
"I always enjoyed participating in your events. An invitation from you has always guaranteed a stimulating and entertaining evening. "
- Express regret:
"I've tried everything, but unfortunately my appointment in Berlin can not be postponed."
- Do not forget good wishes:
"A wonderful celebration wishes you …"
Picture credits: sakkmesterke / stock.aodbe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our article. Click on the asterisks shown below (5 stars = very good):