Who does not want to see a final between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Champions League? That possibility is quite likely, according to the quarter-final draw – and semifinal – that was held on Friday in Nyon, Switzerland.
of the epic comeback of Juventus at home, against Atlético de Madrid, to score the three goals his team needed. Messi, on the other hand, was against Lyon, by getting two goals and two more.
However, for that final to happen, Juventus (Italy) must overcome Ajax (Netherlands) and Barcelona (Spain) Manchester United (England).
The Dutch team is the great revelation of the tournament, having eliminated Real Madrid, while United lives a romance with its coach Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who replaced José Mourinho.
Barcelona defeated United in the UEFA Champions League finals of 2009 and 2011. Messi scored in both matches, as can be seen in the following video:
Juventus, meanwhile, won in the 1996 final at Ajax, in the penalty shootout. In general, the Italian team has 6 wins against the Dutch team and two defeats. In 4 opportunities they have been tied.
In the other matches, Manchester City (England) is the favorite against Tottenham Hotspur (England) and the most even seems to be the series between Liverpool (England) and Porto (Portugal).
Thus the keys were established:
UEFA Champions League quarterfinals
- Ajax – Juventus / April 9. Time: to be defined.
- Liverpool – Porto / April 9. Time: to be defined.
- Tottenham Hotspur – Manchester City / April 9. Time: 2:00 p.m. (Eastern time in the United States).
- Manchester United – FC Barcelona / April 10. Time: 200 p.m. (Eastern time in the United States).
Game of return:
- Juventus – Ajax / April 16. Time: to be defined.
- FC Barcelona – Manchester United / April 16. Time: to be defined.
- Porto – Liverpool / April 17. Time: 2:00 p.m. (Eastern time in the United States).
- Manchester City – Tottenham Hotspur / April 17. Time: 2:00 p.m. (Eastern time in the United States).
UEFA Champions League semi-finals
- 1. Winner of Tottenham vs Manchester City against the winner of the Ajax vs. Juventus.
- 2. Winner of Liverpool vs. Porto against winner of Manchester United vs. Barcelona.
UEFA Champions League final
Rivals to be defined. Date: June 1. Headquarters: Metropolitan Stadium of Madrid.
If you want to watch these games on television or internet, you can doto know the options you have.