Google Chrome is among the most widely used browsers on Android devices. This is surprising, because the app is slim and convinces by a very simple operation. Nevertheless, there are some tricks to discover, which at first sight do not open up. I'll show you how to use this on your Android mobile device
Do you use the Google Chrome browser on your Android device? Then you should try the following tips on your Android to make the browser even more efficient.
Tip 1: Searching pages by term
On the computer it is quite normal that you have a website search directly in the browser for a specific term. The key combination "Ctrl" + "f" leads to the target. With Chrome on the smartphone, search is only slightly more complicated:
- Call up a website in Chrome to search for a term.
- Tap on the top right
- In the drop-down menu, select "Search" and enter your search term. If you have more than one reference, scroll to the next or previous triangle to the right of the search window
Tip 2: Permanently store formatting data in Chrome
Entering address or credit card data can be annoying on Google Chrome. This is especially true when you capture the information on the screen keyboard. It is easier if you write your address data and credit card information into Chrome and then automatically enter it into forms:
- In the upper right corner of the screen, touch the symbol with the three superimposed points. In the drop-down menu, choose "Settings".
- In the following list, tap "AutoFill and Payments". Then, set the slider behind "AutoFill form" to On.
- Now select the "Addresses" and "Credit cards" entries to store the data that Google Chrome automatically enters into address and payment forms
- In Chrome, visit a web page to which you would like to link a shortcut to the Homescreen
- Now assign a name to appear under the icon on the Homescreen and then tap Add.
Tip 3: Links to internet pages on the Homescreen
You also have some web pages that you call again and again. Repeatedly entering the Internet address can be annoying. It is easier to place links to your favorite pages as a symbol on the Homescreen
] In the upper-right corner of the screen, touch the three-point icon. In the pop-up menu, choose "Add to Startup Screen."
Please let us know how you like our article. Click on the asterisks below (5 stars = very good):