The kindergarten and the school have started again and in many families there is a dispute over the break bread. Only very few children like to eat the famous casserole with sausage or cheese. Many parents surrender and give their children unhealthy sweet snacks such as chocolate bars, milk cuts and co. But there is another way: try our tricks and recipes.
Why should children eat a sandwich?
The nutrition report of the German Nutrition Society. V. shows that 94 percent of school children eat too little fruit and vegetables. A healthy diet is important for the concentration of the children because their bodies can not store the energy sufficiently.
Decisive for the performance is the blood sugar level. Everybody knows that: After a longer lunch break, the performance curve drops rapidly. If a child does not have breakfast and does not eat break food, they can not concentrate in school.
Tips for children who do not like eating breakfasts
- If your child does not eat the lovingly smashed sandwiches, no ranting or arguing will help. Also, the reference to health falls on deaf ears. Try to find alternatives to classic break bread.
- Do not constantly complain about the food of your children, but accept little quirks: Some children like to eat the same always the same, others, in turn, need variety.
- Buy together with the child a bread box that he likes very much.
- If your child likes sweets, fruits and carrots are a healthy alternative.
- Children eat with their eyes! Everything that has quirks or looks funny, is guaranteed not eaten.
- Give your bread and vegetables a special shape. In the meantime, there are all kinds of cookie cutters. From a sandwich to a foot or a hand and the cucumber to a sleek car.
- Another great idea: Use a little box to make a heart or the first letter from the top slice of the sandwich. This gives the simple bread a very special touch.
- Make compromises. If your child eats your lunch break, it may decide on the snack the next day.
- Give the break bread a cool name. From now on, the kids will have a snack or an energy treat or a power snack.
Recipes for a delicious sandwich
Cover a wholemeal healthy bread with sausage or cheese. There are so many toppings, it never gets boring. Also try to put tomato or cucumber slices on the topping. The bread tastes much juicier.
Please above without
Many children eat their bread or rolls without toppings. That's no problem with the snack too. Roll up the sausage or cheese and wrap the extra food in cling film.
Something to crunch
Children often do not like break sandwiches because they taste choppy. A great alternative is crispbread, which is now available in many types and Geschmachsrichtungen. Your child can eat it with or without topping according to their mood.
fruit and vegetables
Your child just does not like to eat? Then offer him fruits and vegetables. Almost every child likes to eat apples and bananas or carrots and kohlrabi. Cut the vegetables into handy slices and put them in a snack box. Even apples can cut you small, in a Tupperdose they will not brown.
Yogurt and quark
Children can also take yoghurt or cottage cheese as a healthy snack. Just put the cup, a spoon and a paper towel in a plastic box. When buying products, make sure that kids yoghurts contain too much sugar. A good alternative: Buy natural yoghurt or cottage cheese and mix your child's favorite fruits in the morning. Delicious!
Creativity is required for difficult eaters. Offer breakfast in the form of skewers, for example you can combine cheese cubes with grapes.
A bread stick is also smart: punch four round shapes out of the bread with a small glass, you can also cut out small squares. Spread the bread with cream cheese and place two loaves on top of each other. Take a skewer and spit up bread, cheese cubes, tomatoes and bread. The cheese can also be wrapped in ham, and instead of tomatoes, all other varieties are suitable for vegetables such as radishes or peppers.
Normally a sandwich is white bread, but not as healthy as wholemeal bread. But if your child does not eat anything else, try filling the bread with healthy contents: Take two slices of square bread and top with salad and a sliced boiled egg. Salt and pepper a bit. Above that are very fine carrot rasps. Place the other slices of bread over and cut diagonally into triangular sandwiches.
Take a finished spelled puff pastry. From this you stand out with original little figurines. You can also use letter shapes to cut out the name of your child. Bake and a cool snack is ready.
Picture credits: pressmaster / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our article. Click on the asterisks shown below (5 stars = very good):