Whether it's your own desire or the need: If you move out of your parents' home because you're starting a vocational education or a degree course, you'll need some account. Here you will find out what to consider when moving into your first home.
Renovation and installation of your first home
Often you are facing the move into the first one own apartment painting or wallpapering on. First action is the exact measurement of the living space, including the wall surfaces, door openings and the windows. Before going to work, you must plan:
- How much money is available?
- What and how much material (wallpaper / paint / tools) do I need?
- What should the decor look like?
- Who can help me set up?
With most young people's financial resources limited, many take the furniture out of their children's room , It is also worthwhile to have a look around in the family or in the circle of acquaintances for household items that are no longer required or to look at home throws or internet auctions.
With a floor plan of the first own apartment you can find the most favorable positions for the furniture and the corresponding color scheme Outlining the walls. Here, however, you should take a look at the lease, as some landlords exist on excerpt on white walls.
Formalities when moving into the first own apartment
The first own apartment not only brings more freedom with them, but also takes the young people in the duty. After the relocation, they must re-register within 14 days with the competent registration office.
The rental contract must be presented next to the identity card. If the center of life is predominantly in the new apartment within one year, the main residence must also be registered there. For secondary residences, a second home tax is charged in some cities. Conversely, there are welcome money for the registration as a primary residence. You can find out more about this at the on-site registration.
There are also the following things to organize:
- Find electricity providers – there are special offers for single households. As a start-up consumption takes about 1000 kilowatt hours per year.
- Telephone, Internet and television providers check – ask for special offers for trainees, students or young people and notice periods notice
- at the GEZ – Exemption is only possible if you get student loan. The exemption, like the student loan, has to be renewed every year.
Insurances for the first own flat
For the first own flat a contents insurance is absolutely necessary. In particular, expensive technical equipment is protected against damage caused by fire, water, burglary or lightning. You should not do without it for cost reasons. On the Internet there are home insurance policies already under 20 € per year.
An absolute must is a private liability insurance. Single apprentices and students are insured free of charge via their parents until the end of the training. Those who earn their own money, should urgently conclude their own policy.
Household for the first own apartment
From now on, the young people are responsible for household-typical work such as cleaning, washing and cooking. So you have to learn to organize yourself. Prerequisite is the presence of the most important utensils for housework. Here one can orient oneself in numerous checklists in the net or simply fall back on mum's experience treasure. This concerns above all the following areas:
- everything for the kitchen – in addition to cutlery and dishes, for example, to toaster, sieve, whisk, ladle, spatula, bottle and can opener, trash can, potholder or dish soap think
- all for the bathroom – for example, toilet brush, toilet paper, toilet cleaner, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Cleaning items such as pails, brooms, hand brushes, rags, detergents
- Hygiene articles such as handkerchiefs, bandages, medicine chest, and bandages
- Tools such as hammer, screwdriver, pliers, small ladder, scissors
- Basic food ingredients such as salt, pepper, sugar, flour, tea, oil, noodles, baguettes,
Last but not least, one should approach his neighbor in a friendly manner and make timely arrangements for the cleaning of communal facilities.
Bildnach white: detailblick-foto / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please tell us how you like our article. Click on the asterisks shown below (5 stars = very good):